Accepted items for the JCCCW All things Japanese Sale
- Clothing: Kimono, Obi, Kanzashi, Geta, Haori, Hakama, Yukata, Jinbei, Handbags, Modern Japanese Clothing and Tshirts, Hats, Scarves, Happi coat, Hachimaki
- Furnishings: Tansu, Hibachi, Byoubu, Kotatsu (table, futon), Lanterns, Chouchin (lamp), Shoji Screens, Vases, Screens, Zabuton
- Kitchen & Cooking Items: Rice Cookers (syamoji), Mochi Machines, Donabe (hot pot) Sweets Molds, Hot Water Pots, Trays, Onigiri Kata, Knives
- Martial Arts Items: Dogi (Karate, Judo, Kendo, Kyudo, Aikido) Kendo Shinai, Bows for Kyudo, Sumo Items
- Ornament & Giftwares: Kokeshi, Maneki Neko, Statues, Carvings, Metalwork, Okimono, Giftwares (new in the box), Figurines, Daruma, Uchiwa, Sensu (fans), Lacquerware, Tengu, Noh Masks, Dolls and Doll Cases
- Tea Ceremony Items: Kyuusu, Yunomi, Kogo, Koro, Futaoki, Tetsubin
- Tablewares: Chawan, Teapots, Tea Sets, Sake Sets, Chopsticks, Dinnerware, Dishes, Ceramics, Hashioki, Jubako,
- Toys: Kendama, Tako, Hagoita, Koma (Tops), Syogi, Go, Mangekyo (Kaleidoscopes), Hyakuninissyu (card game), Hanafuda (card game), Plush Toys, Ninja Items
- Seasonal Items: Hina Ningyo (Dolls), Koinobori (fish flags) New Years, Matsuri Items, Boy’s Day Items,
- Art: Japanese Scrolls, Ukiyo-e Prints, Paintings, Drawings, Calligraphy, Screens, Posters
- Local Japanese American Artists: Shimomura, Matsudaira, Tsutakawa, Horiuchi, Nomura, Tokita, Sato, Takemore, Warashina
- Anime: Studio Ghibli (Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo), Hello Kitty/Sanrio, Manga (ex. One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, more); Plastic Models, Anime Figures, DVDs, Books
- Textiles: Japanese Yardage, Furushiki, Noren, Sakabukuro Cotton Sake Bags, Sakiori, Katazome, Kaya Mosquito Netting, Tsutsugaki, Kasuri, Indigo, Shibori, Tenugui, Zokin
- Specialty Items: Bunraku, Noh, Kabuki, Inui, Ikebana, Bonsai
- Books: Japanese Books, Kasyu (Tanka- Haiku) Children’s Books, Art and Reference Books
- Records/CD’s/DVD’s: Music and Movies; Vintage and Contemporary
- Tools: Nokogiri (Saws): Dōzuki, Ryōba, Azebiki, Mawashibiki, Kaeba, Oga. Chisels, hammers and measuring devices: Kanna, Nomi, Chōna, Ono, Tsuchi, Sumitsubo, Sumisashi, Sashigane, Kebiki
- Musical Instruments: Shakuhachi, Koto, Taiko Drums, Fue, Shamisen
- Incarceration Camp Items*: Handmade items – Furniture, Artwork, Jewelry, Woodwork, Carvings, etc. Papers, Yearbooks, Luggage
(*) Items from the Incarceration Camps will not be sold at our sale – they will be donated to our NW Nikkei Museum
This year's JCCCW All Things Japanese Sale will be held on August 24th & 25th, 2013 from 10am to 3pm at the Cultural Center. Hosted by the Hosekibako, The All Things Japanese Sale will feature a wide variety of Japanese items including dolls, furniture, fans, traditional dress, plush toys, jewelry, books and much, much more! There is something for everyone with over one thousand antiques and collectibles on sale and prices starting at just $0.25.
In addition to the general sale we will also be offering a special nighttime sneak preview on August 23th, 2013 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm for collectors, enthusiast and community members. The nighttime sneak preview gives people the opportunity to get a first crack at the most coveted merchandise for only $50. Light appetizers and beverages will be provided. Please reserve the sneak preview by August 22nd, 2013.
Reserve your spot for the All Things Japanese Sale Sneak Preview:
Thank you to the community for their support and to the many volunteers who help make this event possible! All of the proceeds raised by the All Things Japanese Sale will go toward supporting the mission of JCCCW to preserve, promote and share Japanese and Japanese American culture and heritage.
Three Ways to Participate!
Donate your Japanese items! We will accept Japanese artwork, antiques and furnishings, dishware, jewelry, clothing and collectible items in good condition.
Volunteer to work at the sale! We will have numerous volunteer shifts available.
Come and Buy! Choose from a wide variety of original Japanese artwork and prints, heirloom and antique items, jewelry, pottery and dishware, furnishings, kimono and collectibles. There will be something for every budget and taste!
All Things Japanese Sale
August 24 & 25, 10am-3pm
Preview Sale: August 23, 6:30pm-8:30pm