All Things Japanese Sale
Saturday, August 18: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m | Sunday, August 19: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
FREE TO ATTEND!
The All Things Japanese Sale is a large rummage sale featuring a wide variety of Japanese items for purchase including dolls, furniture, fans, clothing, accessories, plush toys, jewelry, books and much more. There is something for everyone with hundreds of items for sale and prices starting at just $0.25! Income generated from the event will go toward supporting the mission of JCCCW to preserve, promote, and share Japanese and Japanese American culture and heritage.
Learn more about donation drop-off days and our special Preview Sale below.
Donate your Japanese Items! We are accepting all Japanese art, antique, vintage, household and collectible items through Thursday, August 16th. Drop-off is located in the alley off of 16th Ave S. between Weller St. and King St. Drop-off time for Japanese items are as following.
• Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 5.p.m.
• Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Drop-off assistance dates are available Tuesday, July 24 from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday, July 28 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Accepted donations for the Sale:
- Clothing: Kimono, Obi, Kanzashi, Geta, Sori, Haori, Hakama, Yukata, Jinbei, Handbags, Modern Japanese Clothing and Tshirts, Hats, Scarves, Happi coat, Hachimaki
- Furnishings: Tansu, Hibachi, Byoubu, Kotatsu (table, futon), Lanterns, Chouchin (lamp), Shoji Screens, Vases, Screens, Zabuton
- Kitchen & Cooking Items: Rice Cookers (syamoji), Mochi Machines, Donabe (hot pot) Sweets Molds, Hot Water Pots, Trays, Onigiri Kata, Knives
- Martial Arts Items: Dogi (Karate, Judo, Kendo, Kyudo, Aikido), Kendo Shinai, Bows for Kyudo, Sumo Items
- Ornaments & Giftwares: Kokeshi, Maneki Neko, Statues, Carvings, Metalwork, Okimono, Giftwares (new in the box), Figurines, Daruma, Uchiwa, Sensu (fans), Lacquerware, Tengu, Noh Masks, Dolls and Doll Cases
- Tea Ceremony Items: Kyuusu, Yunomi, Kogo, Koro, Futaoki, Tetsubin
- Tablewares: Chawan, Teapots, Tea Sets, Sake Sets, Chopsticks, Dinnerware, Dishes, Ceramics, Hashioki, Jubako,
- Toys: Kendama, Tako, Hagoita, Koma (Tops), Syogi, Go, Mangekyo (Kaleidoscopes), Hyakuninissyu (card game), Hanafuda (card game), Plush Toys, Ninja Items
- Seasonal Items: Hina Ningyo (Dolls), Koinobori (carp flags) New Years, Matsuri/Festival Items, Boy’s Day Items
- Art: Japanese Scrolls, Ukiyo-e Prints, Paintings, Drawings, Calligraphy, Screens, Posters
- Local Japanese American Artists: Shimomura, Matsudaira, Tsutakawa, Horiuchi, Nomura, Tokita, Sato, Takemore, Warashina
- Anime: Studio Ghibli (Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo), Hello Kitty/Sanrio, Manga (ex. One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, more); Plastic Models, Anime Figures, DVDs, Books
- Textiles: Japanese Yardage, Furushiki, Noren, Sakabukuro Cotton Sake Bags, Sakiori, Katazome, Kaya Mosquito Netting, Tsutsugaki, Kasuri, Indigo, Shibori, Tenugui, Zokin
- Specialty Items: Bunraku, Noh, Kabuki, Inui, Ikebana, Bonsai
- Books: Japanese Books, Kasyu (Tanka- Haiku) Children’s Books, Art and Reference Books
- CDs/DVDs: Music and Movies; Vintage and Contemporary
- Tools: Nokogiri (Saws): Dōzuki, Ryōba, Azebiki, Mawashibiki, Kaeba, Oga; Chisels, hammers and measuring devices: Kanna, Nomi, Chōna, Ono, Tsuchi, Sumitsubo, Sumisashi, Sashigane, Kebiki
- Musical Instruments: Shakuhachi, Koto, Taiko Drums, Fue, Shamisen
- Incarceration Camp Items*: Handmade items – Furniture, Artwork, Jewelry, Woodwork, Carvings, Papers, Yearbooks, Luggage
(*) Items from the Incarceration Camps will not be sold at our sale – they will be donated to our NW Nikkei Museum
Preview Sale: Friday, August 17
If you want to beat Saturday and Sunday's ATJS crowd, you can enjoy a Preview Sale on Friday, August 17th from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Come check the merchandise before anyone else!
Prepaid admission will be available online at a cost of $20 for JCCCW member and $30 for non members. Admission at the door will be $30 for JCCCW member and $40 for non members.